PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Is sony working on a new everquest?

Newsfiend
03-15-2012, 01:51 PM
eeveldrood wrote:

Ouch...Ignoring for example, quests and such...the casuals want to be able to level up to 50 in 1 week with 1 hour of play per day. When it's like that, there's zero prestige to leveling up.

And on the other hand, take tradeskills for example. In playing TOR I think EVERY combine was an automatic skillup and 100% success rate. That's another kind of thing I'm worried about.

Basically, what I'm saying is, OK, if you speed thing up a little bit, no problem. EQ as it currently is is pretty good, although that's taking into account twinking at low levels and then it slows down when you get to high level and you must group for efficiency. But speeding things up to where you can do like TOR and get level 50 in 2 weeks with little effort? That cheapens the experience, at least to me.

I think you're misrepresenting the casual player. You seem to be saying that just because you play casually you don't want to achieve things, that they don't want to accomplish stuff. I've found it to be the other way around. Hard-core folks are the ones that want to zoom to the end game so they can "start" playing.

Nobody wants to make a simple/boring game.

A

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=176363&post_id=2779130#2779130)