PDA

View Full Version : Re:Whats fanfaire like?

Newsfiend
03-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I've been to 9 Fan Faires (I think?), most of which are from when I did not work for SOE.

My first time I went with a friend, but I've been alone before as well. After the first time I realized that everyone at Fan Faire ends up being a big part of your extended gaming family, and even if you've never talked to the person before, you know you have something in common, and everyone is very welcoming.

There is always something to do, as panels and events are usually planned for most of the day. Live quests are such a blast!

I'd definitely say the people are the biggest highlight of Fan Faire. You'll see plenty of friendly players and Devs alike. You will leave with more friends than you came with, and a lot of good memories (and yes, possibly a hangover or two :p).

EDIT: I can't speak for this year's event, but at previous events an All Access badge meant a meal was included in the Saturday night banquet. Also, finger foods were present on Thursday and Friday (this was a HUGE deal for me when I was a college student and really couldn't afford Fan Faire - I literally stacked multiple plates full of finger food and made sure to fill up! I earned the name "ninja-looter" in line.)

Usually SOE lines up some pretty good deals on hotels, though as the other poster said, some hotels nearby night offer cheaper rooms (though I think it's so much easier to stay at the event hotel).

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=183719&post_id=2774599#2774599)