PDA

View Full Version : New! New! New!

Fatal
02-22-2006, 10:50 PM
New look. New server. New functionality.

The site was cut over to a new server early on Tuesday morning. It held up pretty well considering how inefficient the software had become. Everything has been been rewritten. Everything should be quicker now. Bigger, faster, stronger than before.

The forums are back. All accounts have been deletedn due to most of them being junk to begin with. If you want an account you will have to re-register. Your data will not be given to anyone. Especially not 3rd party business associates or whoever they keep selling my info to.

You do not need an account to download maps. You do need an account to upload maps and to rate maps. You also need an account to post in the forums.

Maps have been redone. Ever map was ripped apart and split in to 3 layers. Layer 1 maps will only have the map lines themselves. Layer 2 will be all labels or points of interest. Layer 3 will be gridlines.

All of the labels have been added to a POI database and you can choose whether to display them or not on the map you view online or in the layer 2 map you download. Users are invited to submit POI's for zones. Other users will be able to report bad POI's and have them deleted. Due to the potential of abuse in adding and deleting POI's, only registered users will be able to add or delete them.

Welcome!

Ramsus
02-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Test..

Just testing nomal user permissions.

Qrul
02-28-2006, 11:12 AM
:eek: Hello, been trying to view the maps, can not View, am i doing something wrong?

Mapfiend
02-28-2006, 07:07 PM
See my post in this thread (http://eq.mapfiend.net/boards/showthread.php?t=60)

MediaMogul
03-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Congratz on new look.

1 thing to note.
When registerin ga new account the box where you type in your email is filled with yellow. Now since both teh box and the text is in yellow kina annoying =P kept misstyping my email adress durin gregistration.... bleh

maybe change background of that box to red or black ?

Mapfiend
03-01-2006, 01:12 PM
The background is yellow because you have some type of form filling software (like the one built in to the google toolbar) that is hilighting the field. Turn off the autofill feature and it won't be yellow.

Zhaann
03-07-2006, 01:47 AM
well personally I dont know why all the fuss over having to be registered to download the maps kinda silly if you ask me. but hell I just try to keep up with the ever changing patches EQ impliments by coming and reupdating my maps that they seem to destroy with every patch GRRRR!!! I am really begining to get fustrated with all the crazy crap of the UI implimentation, sucky in game maps that they dont seem to add in game and have to wait for moths on end to rebuild or download on my own. I like the site but don't get me wrong was just curious why all the security over downloaded maps?

anyway enough of my ranting nicely done site a little tough to navigate but nice.

Adacaer
06-13-2006, 11:54 AM
You do not need an account to download maps. You do need an account to upload maps and to rate maps. You also need an account to post in the forums.

Hope that helps clear up one of your concerns. :)