PDA

View Full Version : Saving individual maps as a bitmap

karvic
04-06-2006, 01:54 AM
Before the site was changed you used to be able to hover your mouse button over the map you were looking at and then save just that particular map as a .bmp file which I found very useful. I don't want to just print from the site as I like to be able to manipulate the file (e.g. enlarge if needs be) because if you just print, the map is not always readable.... An example is the Corathus Creep Map where writing is often superimposed one over the other.

What happened to this ability?

Mapfiend
04-06-2006, 09:40 PM
well, each layer on the image is a seperate image. The base map is the lowest in the stack, followed by the points and then by the grids, and finally by a not-as-yet-functioning Screenshots layer. It's done like this to make turning off the different layers easier and faster than rerendering the whole image, and to accomodate the view background preference thing (All the layers are rendered as transparent gif images, so the background color of the div shows through)

If you want to save the image, you can save the print map image. I realize you said you don't like the print map image because the text sometimes stacks, but it would do that in the regular image as well.