PDA

View Full Version : seeing double lables..

Silvermaine
03-25-2006, 11:48 PM
How do you fix this? I've deleted all maps, then unziped the maps into the maps dir, opened eq, it patches and downloads maps, I open map in GH and see 2 of everything.

I delete all the base maps.. akanon.txt etc.. and then rename akanon_1.txt to akanon.txt and patcher overwites those files.

if I turn off the base I see things perfectly but I don't want to have to do this every time I open my map..

So, what am I doing wrong?

Spedi
03-27-2006, 02:03 PM
How do you fix this? I've deleted all maps, then unziped the maps into the maps dir, opened eq, it patches and downloads maps, I open map in GH and see 2 of everything.

I delete all the base maps.. akanon.txt etc.. and then rename akanon_1.txt to akanon.txt and patcher overwites those files.

if I turn off the base I see things perfectly but I don't want to have to do this every time I open my map..

So, what am I doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong. Sony was nice enough to give us the labels on the base map, guildhall.txt, while MapFiend has them on the layer 2 map, guildhall_2.txt. Since EQ checks the base maps for file integrity you will continue to patch it if it has changed. Your easy fix if this is really bothering you is to open guildhall_2.txt, delete all the lines in the file, then save out the empty file.

All of the base map files, ZONENAME.txt, are under Sony's control since they are checked by the patcher.