PDA

View Full Version : And once again..

Fatal
01-10-2007, 01:55 AM
We have rebuilt the site. Again. Some things you should know:

All of the links should now work.. even in IE7.

Gridlines are now back and should be working correctly.

The map viewer has been completely redone and is now a flash app.

Layer 2 (labels) are now universal and will show the same across all maps for a zone. There are some dupes in the labels and we are cleaning them up as we go.

You may notice some maps will show mobs and their spawn location (or thereabouts). This is a work in progress and more mobs will be added for more zones as the data is sent to me. Mob data is not available for download.

You can upload the maps for the TBS expansion, butt hey will nto be available for download until the beta has ended.

If you discover any issues, please respond to this post in the forums under Site news.

Xyrre
01-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Since we changed to the new site, there were some problems with some new accounts that transferred over. We did a db cleanup and removed over 2k accounts. If you registered recently and never received an email to finish registering, please try to create your account again.

If you still have problems after that, drop us an email and we will see what we can do to help you get registered.

Ragorn
01-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Layer 2 (labels) are now universal and will show the same across all maps for a zone. There are some dupes in the labels and we are cleaning them up as we go.

If you discover any issues, please respond to this post in the forums under Site news.

I'm not sure what universal means, but I noticed that layer 2 in the TSS map pack and the TSS zones in the "all maps" pack are not correct, but individual TSS maps are correct.

Fatal
01-20-2007, 11:40 PM
WHat do you mean by not correct?

Mojarda
01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
The #2 file containing the labels are for the wrong zone. For example, in the Steppes, layer 2 has the labels for the Commonlands, including the entrance to Befallen. :(

sumedor
01-24-2007, 12:11 AM
yes that is correct all of my maps are screwed up atm i got lables and zone markings or 2 differnet zones when i was in icefalls and others aswell..... just all meesed up ..well off to search the web to see if i can get my maps fixxed :confused:

Mapfiend
01-24-2007, 12:27 AM
ok, it seems the script that generates the layer 2 files for the zips is grabbing the wrong labels. I'll have it fixed tonight. It appears just to be an ID mix up, should be a quick fix.

Mapfiend
01-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Fixed. Let me know if you spot any other problems.

trong
02-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Hey I just wanted to say THANK YOU

Thank you for creating and maintaining this site for us EQ players. You make the game more enjoyable to play.

Trong

kensai
02-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Just curious to know how the map clean up is going?

Febben
02-09-2007, 02:38 AM
I still seem to be getting wrong labels on my maps ( mostly TSS maps that I have noticed but I havent really checked any other maps )

Fatal
02-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Going to have to redo that module. Hopefully tonite. I apologize for all of the troubles. I am not certain what is causing this issue :/

kensai
02-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Just looking for an update... last I knew there was an issue with various zones having multiple duped entries, and there was some sort of ongoing "scrub" to clean up the maps. Has this been completed or is it ongoing? The reason I'm asking, is that if it has been done already - it would save me a mountain of work going through each map individually and fixing them myself.

Tks in advance!

Xyrre
02-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Yep it has been done. The only dupes that were not fixed were the ones with completely different locations. I have no way of knowing which locations are the correct ones, so you will see those dupes in there. The rest should be fixed. If you find any more issues, tell me which zones, and possibly which items are dupes.

X