PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Any raid script with adds

Newsfiend
01-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Wyvernwill wrote:

AbsorEQ wrote:

Giddemore wrote:

Any negative effects on a player in the raid, dots, dt counters etc, go away.3. Why? You get a negative effect so you think burning down the boss before that effect kills you should be the answer? Nah, instead, deal with the effect.

A

Regarding this, there is one thing I can think of off the top of my head. Resplendant Temple raid: Aura from Soloth/Ladrys does not drop should you leave the zone in the event of a fail (basically, restart/wipe has been called, people given an AE TL to leave instead of just having everyone die needlessly). I had the aura persist on my character through the lobby, hall, back to the normal zone and entirely through setting up for the next attempt.

I cannot agree with the premise that if people want to dust themselves off and try again (considering the event itself does the same thing after you leave), there should be no reason for these effects to persist outside of the zone.

Another event, Event 6 in convorteum with the four sisters. Even if you manage to kill all four (without burning/ignoring event based stuff), you can still have the persistent effect lingering from the sisters (the Debilitating Energy debuff that if you get hit a second time in x-amount of time from the same sister it basically becomes a DT).

I'm sure there are some other examples, but those are two of the most glaring I remember currently in the raid game.

The Order of Three group mission in City of Bronze, the 15 minute debuff you get from each tower that is uncurable is another massive nuisance considering that it pretty much blocks out OOC for 15 minutes, basically stopping you from moving on to engage the final phases of the event unless you're a select class with a Purification ability that purges all debuffs. Even switching this to a yellow border debuff would help (similar to what was done with Tash).

While I understand your general point, there are situations in the game currently that stretch beyond "Just because someone tried to burn things down in an event to avoid certain mechanics".

The aura effect staying is a bug.

Basically... anything permanent should be removed. Anything Viral... should not spread outside the event.

If it is NOT permanent... even if it lasts 300 minutes... you are meant to deal with it... even if it lasts after the event. Now hopefully we gave something that lasts 300 minutes poison/disease/curse counters so it can be cured... but a 15 minute undispellable effect is not unreasonable.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=182729&post_id=2761378#2761378)