PDA

View Full Version : Re:Time and Tides Raid

Newsfiend
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Templars do have an anti-kite spell (as they always have). Like High Priests, Templars were casting "Sea Spray", and that was replaced with "Vine Encasement" for the time being. I believe the confusion came about in my response to someone's post about Vine Encasement landing on people other than the most-hated. When I said, "Vine Encasement should only be on a High Priests's most hated target. If someone who is clearly not high on the hate list is getting hit, then that would be a bug" I assumed the poster meant the High Priest was casting on another target. I can see now how it could be confusing.

Again, to clarify, any mob that used the "Sea Spray" spell before the hotfix, should currently be using the "Vine Encasement" spell.

The event was designed from the start to discourage kiting by giving Templars and High Priests the "Sea Spray" spell. This spell was broken. In fact, the spell had the potential to make kiting easier. It needed to be changed, hence the hotfix and temporary usage of "Vine Encasement".

The way the "Sea Spray" spell is cast has been modified, but the snare % and other values all remain the same. And thanks to some constructive feedback, High Priests and Templars will now have a wait period before casting "Sea Spray" so that players will have time to position the mobs. These are changes that will be present with the next patch.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=182587&post_id=2759726#2759726)