PDA

View Full Version : Re:Time and Tides Raid

Newsfiend
01-15-2012, 11:34 PM
The design intent of the raid was to discourage kiting, which I hoped would have been evident with the spell Sea Spray, which was intended to cast on the most hated if they were too far away. I?ve seen many skilled kiters in my day, so it?s not surprising kiting could have been happening. The issue wasn?t the kiting itself, but that High Priests were being kited into geometry, getting stuck, and that Sea Spray was ultimately not functioning the way it was intended.

Since spells require a full patch, we needed to find a spell that still discouraged kiting (so we borrowed Vine Encasement). In hindsight, there should have been a patch note to let players know that High Priests were adjusted to correct an issue with some of their spells not functioning as intended.

All that being said, Vine Encasement should not be an AOE, and if it is, that WILL be fixed. In addition, Sea Spray should no longer be casting. If it is, that will also be corrected. And please note, neither of these spells should cast if the most hated is close enough to the High Priests. As for summoning, they should only summon at 100% if the most hated is too far away. Once the most hated is near again, summoning should return to 99% where it was before the hotfix.

As it stands, High Priests were always meant to have an anti-kite mechanic. If they can still be cleverly kited without being forcibly stuck in geo, then by all means, work your magic. I apologize for the lack of communication, and will keep an eye out for any problems that come up.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=182587&post_id=2758805#2758805)