PDA

View Full Version : Re:Returning

Newsfiend
01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi there, and welcome back!

A lot of players tend to congregate in the Guild Lobby (found in the northwestern section of PoK). Buffs don't expire there (and it links directly to the guild hall) so it's a favorite place it seems to go AFK, look for buffs, etc.

If you haven't been to the guild lobby yet, I suggest spending some time looking around. A lot of helpful stuff has been added to the game since 2003 (like corpse summoners - no need to die a thousand times trying to find your corpse).

I say play what class you'll have fun playing, not necessarily what you think will be in demand. Although there are people playing alts at low levels, the game is pretty much solo-friendly until about level 70 (and some people can still solo or molo at that level just fine).

I'd say check out Hot Zones (speak to Franklin in PoK) to level your character (or heck, even stick with old zones). I had a blast not too long ago leveling an alt in Crystal Caverns, even after all these years. Though it you're looking to progress through quests and content (not just zoom to a high level), starting off in Crescent Reach after you do the tutorial, there are some good quests that will lead you through content.

I'm sure there will be many more to chime in and offer up lots of suggestions.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=182518&post_id=2757700#2757700)