PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Update 01/04/12

Newsfiend
01-05-2012, 04:41 PM
gcubed wrote:

- The achievement "Master of Alaris" now grants Hero's Barracks as a reward, which grants an additional mercenary slot, up to the maximum of 4.

The new additonal reward for the achievement "Master of Alaris" is "AA: Unknown DB String 14367-1"
Fixed on beta, should be fixed for the live patch. Thanks.

cowboyatheart wrote:

epic16 wrote:

might have overcompensated with the shielding, my cleric merc is having no problem keeping my war merc up now on its own against t4 nameds

At least it went to test not live if that's the case. If that is the case and goes live I can see alot of tanks and healers being out of jobs.

In reviewing the feedback so far we've made the following changes on beta to mercenary tuning.

We've reverted the spell list changes noted in the patch message. Mercenaries will again use the promised and CH line of spells. The change was causing them to heal even worse than they were previously.

We've adjusted the shielding percentages on the mercenaries. Originally mercenaries had 0% melee/spell/dot shielding at all levels.

What was first patched out to test was the following:
89+: 35%
85-88: 30%
80-84: 25%
75-79: 20%
70-74: 15%
65-69: 10%
60-64: 5%

What will be patched out next:
89+: 23%
85-88: 20%
80-84: 17%
75-79: 24%
70-74: 11%
65-69: 8%
60-64: 5%

The reason we have added the shielding to mercenaries is because the rare NPC tuning in VoA was done under the assumption that players would have maxed mod2 stats. A mercenary should not be preferable to a real player, but we do feel they should function well enough not to be worthless in a group setting. We will keep an eye on feedback in an effort to try and tune mercenary power fairly.

We will be looking at the AI behavior of the healer mercenaries in an effort to make sure they are functioning as well as we intend in VoA content. Tweaking this behavior will take longer than removing what we thought the problem spells were, so we thank you for your patience as we try and correct the problem.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=182365&post_id=2755454#2755454)