PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:40 Dollars for new Merc Slots ... A little excessive?

Newsfiend
12-16-2011, 08:41 PM
ajr123 wrote:

Confuzedcious wrote:

... Stuff...

A well-worded and accurate post. Thank you.

I agree as well. But I think there is something missing here.

When we introduced the marketplace, we did indeed change the social contract a bit. Nobody can agrue that. However the marketplace was introduced a long time ago, and by this time there is a new contract that includes it. It's one thing to say that the prices are too high for something. That's always going to be a matter of opinion and a business decision on our part. I'll leave that to the folks in the company that have degrees and experience in that area.

But by offering these on the marketplace we are, I believe, working within the newer social agreement. I guess that the angry folks here are saying (in the framework of Confuzedcious' post) that the agreement implies that we should not be selling this item because it is something that might have been part of an expansion pack in the past. However, providing things to make available on the marketplace is part of what we do now, and has been for a while. So I'm not really sure how anyone could have reasonably expected that a feature like this wouldn't be sold there. It is a convenience item that makes swapping out mercenaries easier. In my mind that seems like the perfect sort of item to sell on a marketplace for those that want that convenience.

I certainly understand that people want more features for free (or bundled with an expansion). But I don't think we have breached any sort of social contract here.

A

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=181952&post_id=2750277#2750277)