PDA

View Full Version : Maps not available/redirect to top of page

Realgood
03-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I used to be able to download maps. I registered and still can't download any maps. Everytime I click on a link for all maps or any of the maps, I get directed to the top of the home webpage. I have clicked evey link for maps right and left. Also, I disabled pop-up stopper. Is this going to be fixed soon and is anyone else having the same problem?

Mapfiend
03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Not sure why that would be happening. You're obviously registered and logged in if you are posting here, and that would be the only reason you wouldn't be able to download them. If that was the case, though, you'd get a message telling you that you need to be logged in. Also, you can turn your popup blocker back on. We don't use them.
What browser version are you using?

Realgood
03-11-2006, 10:54 PM
I am using WinXP. IE 6.0.29.

Realgood
03-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Now I get it. I had to download Netscape to get the links to work...
Thx

Delving Shayol'Ghul
03-13-2006, 09:13 PM
At least you guys can find the link all maps wtf? i been stareing at this board for an hour wheres the maps.

Eulic
03-15-2006, 09:42 PM
so what settings do I need to change in IE 6 to get maps? :(

Mapfiend
03-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Delving, if you click the logo at the top of the board, it will take you back to the main site. There you will find the link to all maps and the map packs. This is just the forum.

kiint
04-19-2006, 05:22 AM
I just loaded up your main page in Internet Explorer 7 (beta) and none of the MAPS links work or highlight.

The News and Forums Link work ok, but the FAQ one doesn't, and the following don't

Map List
Map Packs
All Maps
Zip Instructions
Upload Map

They don't highlight or link to anything, just show as plain text.
They all work absolutely fine in IE6 thankfully :)

BTW, love the new look to the site. Nice work

Deckmar
04-29-2006, 09:12 AM
I just loaded up your main page in Internet Explorer 7 (beta) and none of the MAPS links work or highlight.

The News and Forums Link work ok, but the FAQ one doesn't, and the following don't

Map List
Map Packs
All Maps
Zip Instructions
Upload Map

I am getting the same thing no links working to go to map packs or others as above what gives? :eek:

Mdyan1
05-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey guys i'm new to Mapfiend and i have the new internet explorer 7.0 beta and i was haveing the same problem with the links just showing up as text. and what i found out is if you take your browser to windowed mode the links work. but when you go to download them you have to put the browser back into full screen in order to see to get the download. hope this helps everyone.

Mdyan

jmac1
06-02-2006, 09:34 AM
when i click on the download all maps save to desktop open with winzip and all that extract them to maps say yes to all but in game i get no maps can anyone help?

Debraella
06-14-2006, 12:17 PM
First I want to say thank you for you all keeping up with the never ending expansions of EQ. I appreciate all the work you do.

However, I can't seem to get the new Nektulos Forest map to work with yesterday's patch 6/13/2006. Is it available yet? Or did I not get them in my EQ folder just right?

Oh, and /bonks Delving. (my RL son) With my help, he got them to working but now doesn't play anymore :(

Fatal
06-14-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll have to check that. I have not yet logged in to EQ since the patch.

is the zone totally different now?

beafman
06-29-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm using IE 7 beta and having the same problems as everyone else....

The map links section just doesn't link... :mad:

EDIT: Ok folks... You guys using IE 7 beta, I have figured out a temp workaround for this problem.... It's kinda stupid, but if you want to download maps, you have to do it.

All you have to do is hit refresh and then hit the Maps List link before the page finishes reloading... The link will show up for a split second before being disabled... You may have to give it a go a few times.... But it works.... :D

EDITx2: Or I can just link the page here... http://www.mapfiend.net/maplist :P

michakin
07-16-2006, 11:11 PM
The Mapfiend site page looks great but gives much less in the way of maps the site was created for. The older site gave comparisons you could view and in my opinion better map lists. If it's not broke why fix it?

numbnutz
10-10-2006, 12:46 PM
downloaded maps as usual all the old maps work but not the new maps.they are in my maps folder with the old ones so should be working hmm.:D help!:eek: thx.