PDA

View Full Version : Re:LoN item, unfair?

Newsfiend
03-03-2010, 09:30 AM
I also want to clarify my statement about what I have control over. I may have made it seem like I have less control than I do.

It is dictated how many items it is, that there be a mount and a stat item within that set of items. It is dictated that there be a "desirability" spectrum. It is dictated that as much as possible it is "unique." Yes the stat item, potions and glyphs are not particularly unique, but those are also on the lower end of the "desirability" spectrum.

Within those dictates, I have control over what the actual items are, what they look like , and how they act.

People who buy these items are ALSO paying the monthly fee, and expansion costs just like everyone that refuses to use LoN and Station cash for whatever reason. Folks who use LoN and station cash are making an additional effort or spending additional cash.

These extra sources are extra revenue, that DO help keep the game going. Short staffed or over staffed, I will not say which, without these extra sources of income we would have less staff. Less staff will mean less we can do for everyone.

If these items were available in game, the fact is that they would generate less extra revenue. And that extra revenue really IS helping us with the "normal" game.

That said, some of the things are available in game in different forms. There is a new mount race that is only available to people playing underfoot. This includes a "chain" (max) speed mount. There is at least one illusion item available. The vast majority of stat based items come from the game itself. Anniversary and certain holiday events, are sent out as part of your standard subscription.

Frankly... most times we give a "fluff" item like most of station cash items are, as part of the game we get HUGE amounts of complaints that the reward sucks for the work involved. It has made us shy away from giving them because it seems they are not desired. If they do not directly affect the power of the player, we get huge hundreds of post threads about how much we suck for putting in such a horrible reward,

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=161355&post_id=2406815#2406815)