PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:LoN item, unfair?

Newsfiend
03-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Wildeone wrote:

Hulkling wrote:

Also, about the Recluse illusion Slot 2 Imbue Proc....what happened to this?

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

I shy away from Proc Buff clicks, though I may be willing to do them, they just will #1 be in slot 1 so have much stacking issues, #2 not be a much additional DPS. If these limitations are acceptable, and if the team agrees, we may be able to go with them.

Rule #1 totally busted http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/images/smilies/136dd33cba83140c7ce38db096d05aed.gif

You really think Ngreth has any power over LoN itemization?

(I personally don't know- but I doubt it.)

Sorta. I have almost no control over how many items, and some of the general types of items. I have input, but am given requirements.

I have a bit more control over the "power" of the items. Power is a relative term here, but... again I have guidelines I have to match. I have input on which items are rare, and which are put in scenarios, etc.

The final details of the items are up to me. I try my best to balance the concerns of the players with the requirements I have. I am obviously not always successful.

I will never be able to satisfy the players that think these should not exist or should also be available in game. It is an absolute mandate that these items be "unique."

I have to make the items desirable and different. Desirable enough for players to spend extra money on. That is a fact that will not change. There can be long discussion on if that is "right" or "selling out" or whatever. It is what it is.

At the same time, I *try* and make sure they also are not unbalancing. This I have more control over, but I am not perfect. The Visage of the Drachnid was a mistake, as I mentioned above. The original Kiss was a mistake by a previous items designer. We do make them. And sometimes for various reasons we cannot correct them.

As for the proc. Oops. I forgot that statement. But, this proc has a few limitations. It matches the #2... not much damage, and it is rather short range, making it not work in some situations, so I do not feel it is too egregious to have put it in slot 2. As for it offering a significant hate advantage... sure... it is an advantage... significant, I am not sure. It really is not much damage. With absolutely equal gear except the illusion, sure the person with the illusion will generate slightly more hate, but a reasonable gear advantage by the player without the illusion will easily out-hate that.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=161355&post_id=2406057#2406057)