PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Intermediary Raids and Underfoot

Newsfiend
02-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Elidroth wrote:

ExcelGrowth wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

As has been said in several other threads.. Underfoot raiding was purposely set ABOVE the previous expansion to give guilds who'd beaten Tower something to challenge them. Without a level increase, the intermediary raids were deemed unnecessary as people who hadn't beaten Tower still had content to work on to improve their guild.

The upcoming content release is the UF equivalent of Tower and will have no intermediary raids in it, HOWEVER, I am in process of doing tuning on the existing UF raids, which should make things a little easier.

The current challenge of the new raid content is a lot of fun and I hope you change your mind on dumbing it down. It's been great to see players really focused on what is happening during raids rather than afk/boxing their way through it.

The guild I am in is currently stuck on one of the new encounters, but that is ok, we know that over time as we continue to gear up from the ones we have defeated, we will continue to progress forward.

Is that not the way an MMO is supposed to work?

It's a tough line to straddle.. While your guild is progressing, there are those who are not. The bar is not being lowered overall, just the entry point is lowered slightly. The pre-Convorteum raids for example are getting VERY minor changes, and will still be a big challenge for guilds who've been able to unlock them.

And most Convorteum raids are going to eat your face...

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=161208&post_id=2402987#2402987)