PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:UF Raid Design: Atrocious

Newsfiend
02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Abazzagorath wrote:

Personally, I hope the following changes go in at some point (after fabled would be a good time IMO):

1) Fippy: His respawn mechanic changed from X seconds to X seconds AND all but 2 or less adds dead. What does this accomplish? It allows for lower dps guilds to actually have a shot (the guilds not fielding 15-20 rogues/zerkers/wizards), while still forcing them to deal with the content as intended, just with the reality of the class make up of guilds further from the bleeding edge - high end guilds will still be doing fippy for loot, but it will be irrelevant to progression for them at that point (since they will no longer need the flags at all, actually, they shouldn't right now already).

No chance. That COMPLETELY changes the way the raid functions. If I was to change the way this raid worked to make it easier for the non-bleeding-edge guilds, I'd make the adds easier to deal with. The change you suggest would allow guilds to simply kite adds, peel them off one at a time, and coast through the raid.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=161028&post_id=2397145#2397145)