View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:UF Raid Design: Atrocious

Newsfiend
02-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Calpal wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

Boomur4TL wrote:

Calpal wrote:

Ronak-Xegony wrote:

Breaking the NDA is a no no, Ravnmoon. Whoever you are.

Edit: Ah, Triality member. How surprising.

I'm not under any NDA and I have no problem saying that Machin Shin is beta testing the Lichen Creep raid and probably some Convorteum ones.

I see the everquest community is still playing "down the lane". Let me start a new one. Elidroth wears pink slippers. Pass it on!

What the hell?!?! They're not PINK! They're um.. light.. red.. yeah.. that's it!

In defense of the guilds I've personally tested with in the past (Machin Shin, Triality, Township Rebellion, and MANY others I'm sure I'm forgetting), they've all been VERY helpful. Try not to bash them too much for giving up their LIVE game raid times to come help us find busted stuff in testing.

And believe me, ALL of these guilds have been very helpful. No matter how much I test stuff on my own, there's just some things I can't find without having 50+ people banging away at an event.

As to who is testing what.. it doesn't really matter. NDA or not, they're making the game better for the rest of the player base. We test mechanics more than tuning/balance.

Whoever made up the concept for Masked Invaders is a creative genius so grats on that, I know you at least tuned it. Could still use a tuning pass or two though (tbh something closer to the broken version plus an insanely hard named would be more enjoyable than kiting for an hour, or 3 hours pre-patch).

Heh.. out of all the raids I designed, I liked that one the least. Just goes to show people like different things.

I'm actually quite happy with the current difficulty of the event, and realistically you shouldn't have to kite things anymore. Things should be tankable at this point so long as the 'important' npcs are dealt with properly.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=161028&post_id=2397122#2397122)