PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Default UI Feedback Needed

Newsfiend
02-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Galidin-Prexus wrote:

Though seriously, and I'm going to throw this one out to sklug or to any of the devs... why is it so hard to make a new default UI? I know you guys play the competition games so you know how horrible EQ's ui is. I've seen DOZENS of UI's done on websites very easily in XML. You can't tell me between all the devs and coders you couldn't in a single standard dev work day (13.7 hours not counting a 12 minute lunch) make a FAR better default UI very akin while legally distinct from other major games out there?

I think you guys could. Name it UI day... demand your PM buys everyone good pizza and snax for doing it... or sticky ribs...

Galidin

I think you're vastly underestimating the amount of work it takes to completely re-skin the UI (though maybe Drakah or some of the other UI skin authors will correct me). But sure, get consensus on what a new default UI should be, and we'll get right on that. People get seriously angry when we change things they've been used to for a long time. The difference between us doing it and 3rd parties doing it is that players can choose whether to use 3rd party skins or not. Not so if we change the default (and before you say, let them use the old one as an option, it's not an option for us to double the amount of time it takes to add anything to the UI, not to mention QA time).

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=160910&post_id=2395513#2395513)