PDA

View Full Version : Re:Spammers

Newsfiend
02-05-2010, 07:40 PM
ROOT_IT wrote:

Spam happening in /join general chat channels.

I just got off the phone with SOE agent saying it is a voilation of EULA to advertise there company in game.

I know it is against EULA to sell platinum .. accounts.. gear.

I am seeing spam right now 5 mins ago during support hours about a company offering to buying/selling platinum.. accounts.. AA's.

This company is different from the origional spam's we get from 'gsp' from the SAME SERVER Mayong.

I fully sugest we change the cross server policy. I sugest Mayong be a lvl 80 to cross server tell.. and all other servers be level 51.. problem solved. This way.. these companies have to spend way to much time sending each one of us emails instead of hitting chat channels usually consisting of 200 players on each server. This will reduce the pay needed for the game support to deal with the issues of the plat/services spammers as well.

It seems to be very easy to create a charractor lvl 1.. spam.. delete charractor and recreate.. or on Mayong, lvl 50.

These spammers are wasting precious game support's time and effort, and upsetting players.

This would be a good step to resolve the issue ( for now ) before dealing with some kind of 'union' for gaming companies to generate to finally put forth an end to spammers and such services.

Game have been ruined by 'dupes' etc in the past.

Just my 2 cents.

Look for my petition for the latest report and spammer(s) listed.

Thanks again.

Saave, Nameless server

Why not simply report it as spam so the spam filter will start filtering it (if enough people report it).

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=160740&post_id=2391946#2391946)