PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:West bug in Field of Scale - update?

Newsfiend
02-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Foc wrote:

One thing of note, I've bugged this many times but somehow lack confidence in anyone ever reading those.

The west bug, and now a new similar bug in many SoD zones is that entire sections of the floor/zone just disappear, and go black, white or clear has suddenly become a problem (since January patch).

The west/floor bugs (for me) seem to manifest most commonly when I have minimized the game and watched video online, like Hulu or something. I can leave pc running for 2 days with EQ up, and if that's all it does, np. If I've minimized a lot and watched video, surfed etc, then I get the bug. It often disappears after reboot.

So maybe try testing your internal systems by running some video with different codecs with game minimized. (I use FFDShow). How many people dedicate their pc to only playing EQ? Did you do that when you saw it on your home machine?

(I also have a GT260+ similar to above - quadcore etc etc lots of high end games no other problems)

Yeah, I've pursued that theory a bit in the past with no luck. I am going to be looking into some other graphical issues next week (I want to fix the issues some people have with the non-original memory modes and eventually get rid of the original mode DLL) so it's possible I'll get a chance to look into this as well.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=160727&post_id=2391734#2391734)