PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Will research be used in the new prayer shawl quests?

Newsfiend
01-27-2010, 09:17 AM
gcubed wrote:

Zaggran wrote:

I'm kind of concerned about this, since research is open to all classes now... but of course, it's still *highly* biased towards the original 4 int casters. They have a much, much easier and cheaper skillup route and can make far more products. If you're an int caster, it's fairly easy to max research. If you're a priest, melee, or hybrid it's a long and expensive road. There's also an AA inbalance. The 4 int casters get the mastery aa's for research. Not only do the rest of us not get mastery aa's, we have to spend aa's just to break caps at 200, 210, 220, ect. For a few classes I've heard there's a reason to do non-int research because int casters can't make tomes, but for many classes, it's completely pointless to do research on your main if you have a friend or alt mage/necromancer/wizard/enchanter who can do it instead.

If research is involved in the new shawls, these differences should be addressed so we're all on a level playing field at least in regards to making whatever needs to be made for the shawl.

If it is, it will be a very low level combine (and probably, a tradeable result). Research, while available to all classes, is still considered a restricted tradeskill.

If I use it, this is likely to be true. It would be a "token" combine, and a sub-step or sub-combine, not a high skill combine, somewhere in the range of 50 to 100. Since players can get 54 for free, and 100 is easy to get, even for the non-int classes, it would not be bad.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=160495&post_id=2386287#2386287)