PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:devs haven't we learned each expansion since TSS that this is poor design?

Newsfiend
01-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Orodruin_Angmar wrote:

While you're at it, could you also look at "a larval swarmer" from Arthicrex? Over the course of a couple of hours, I watched one, then a raid of two or three groups from a Tower+ guild, wipe multiple times to this mob (I was camping nearby stuff). Each time the named is agroed, it spawns 3 (rather low HP, 3k hitting) adds. Each member of these trio is linked to the other and is unmezzable. Those adds don't despawn and were being spawned down inside the pit that makes the "eastern farm", where once you were in range to agro one of them, you agroed a dozen. By the time I left the zone, there was 54 adds spawned (I checked on tracking) and the entire NE corner of the zone was almost unusuable. Just sending an eye into the area almost lagged me out.

While I understand that even 54 adds "can" be dealt with by the appropriate group or set of groups, this seems to me to be a situation that developers never intended.

will add it to the list. it sounds like they may "go home" but home is defined at spawn... so... but they need a lifespan.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=160447&post_id=2385556#2385556)