PDA

View Full Version : Re:Plush Bear for Haiti Relief -- what does it do?

Newsfiend
01-19-2010, 10:50 AM
It was a "Flash" decision of ours, so we had to go with something we already made.

This was intended as a normal marketplace item, and was already complete, and patched into the game. So we decided to make it the "Relief Fund" item. I am sorry if some feel the "play dead" is insensitive, but it was not "intended" for this specific event.

I am trying to do different things with marketplace items. Not all things will be as successful as others. It is the way of trying new things. Unfortunately we have ultra limited NPC animations, The closest thing to a hug was the attack animation. He is also bigger than I intended.

There is a 10% chance per click that he will do something special.

There is also a minor bug. There is supposed to be some text when the normal spell goes off that is not happening. This will go on the next patch.

Also our system is not flexible enough for a "choose a familiar" we had to choose one item, and we wanted to give you something new and cute.

Additionally. You can "equip" it when you are not in combat to be holding your bear. Well, you can equip it anytime... but the monsters will laugh at you if you try and swing at them with the bear.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=160231&post_id=2382193#2382193)