PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Lavakins and Metal Golems not flagged as golems?

Newsfiend
01-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Stewy wrote:

, none of the UF mobs of any type are dropping cultural tradeskill items other than Cosgrove Powder. just an FYI.

It's lots to read, so I am sure I miss some.

But. I have seen the humanoids drop parts and the spiders drop parts.

the main underfoot golems are that new race I mentioned. We got a new "mudman" (the tubby rock/steel/etc guy... has about 10 different textures for it) and that "race" needs to be, and will be added to the list. I also decided to add the crystal guys, but NOT the "tentacle terrors" to the list.

"Fur bearing animals" were chosen specifically for the pelts, and the arbitrary decision was that only the marrow from the same animals is suitable. Sure, reptiles and SOME amphibians have bones with marrow, and are "animals" but their marrow is not suitable.

Yes in the end, the races chosen are "arbitrary." Even me using the word "Golem" to describe the races the drop the metal/loam is arbitrary, it seemed the best fit for a single word without just having the book list out a long list of races, that may change in the future.

As mentioned I have no way to filter by name (and again would not want to. Sorry, a flesh or bone golem is not going to drop the ore/loam... and those are defenitely validly named Golem) and am not going to forbid other dev's from using the name "Golem"

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=159863&post_id=2379881#2379881)