PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Dain Shawel 2.0

Newsfiend
01-11-2010, 12:14 PM
gcubed wrote:

navi7512 wrote:

Any update on this? Not a single word in beta about this neither.

Ngreth is AFK for the moment so there will be no answer from him until he gets back from vacation. He probably won't say much more than he already has because he wants to keep the information secret until the quest goes live.

There were whispers about it in beta. As near as I can figure, Ngreth grabbed one or two tradeskillers, swore them to not reveal anything upon pain of being turned into mulch, and had them do some testing. Not all the quests are completed yet, but the recipies probably are. So I imagine those few tradeskillers who were involved tested all the recipes and whatever tasks were available during beta. Apparently there is a new NPC (location currently unknown) that is NOT spawning in game right now.

What we do know:
You will need the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl (what I think of as Shawl 1.0) to start the quest.
Each step in the quest will result in a wearable item like the original shawl quest.
Each tradeskill task will require adventuring in group content (similar to the way Eron was handled) and once all tradeskill tasks are complete you will have a wearable item that is better than anything available in group content for that slot (what I think of as Shawl 1.5).
That each task will pretty much require a 300 skill level in the related tradeskill.
There will be an additional step or steps requiring high level Underfoot raids to upgrade Shawl 1.5 to an item that will be better than anything found in Underfoot raiding for that slot (what I think of as Shawl 2.0).

Close enough. About all I have revealed. And yes a very few people did test it on beta.

I expect this to go with the second release (I am not 100% sure of this, but at this point I do not foresee an issue with it making it, nor do I foresee it being before that)

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=153642&post_id=2377893#2377893)