PDA

View Full Version : Re:A Frosty Experience Bonus

Newsfiend
12-23-2009, 04:00 PM
I can understand your disappointment if you caught the news posting and then went into game looking for the bonus. I also know that saying "Accident, sorry." does not cut it for some folks, but I at least wanted to make the truth clear to the folks who started this thread and were wondering where the bonus went.

I'd also like to share what I hope is good news for everyone: In January we will run a bonus xp promotion.

While we did discuss running a bonus xp promotion over the holiday, and ultimately elected not to; a part of that decision was to consider running the bonus xp promotion in January, giving each month a distinct promotion and eliminating any confusion between the two.

I know that the next question some will ask is, "Great, but why not just run it now?"

Honestly, it's not just a switch that gets flipped and it's on. So in addition to not wanting to run two promotions in the same exact window, we also need to stage something like this and coordinate across multiple departments to make it happen. With the holidays being upon us, most folks who are important to the process are already out and with their families making it a bit difficult to ramrod something through even if we wanted to.

Another likely question that I can answer to a degree is, "Ok, WHEN in January, and for how long?"

That one I can't quite answer. Like I said above, a lot of folks have to coordinate on things like this, so the final answer isn't quite in stone yet. What I can say is that Zatozia will post the details in the announcements space (edit: in January) as soon as we do have it all ironed out.

I know that this trivia is not important to everyone, but I figured it couldn't hurt to tell you a little more.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=159606&post_id=2370867#2370867)