PDA

View Full Version : Re:Projection of Doom not working?

Newsfiend
12-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Tearsin_Rain wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

Projection does not last 1 minute.. its duration is 10 seconds. The intent for this AA was specifically to be a group oriented panic button. Something you can use to hopefully keep an unexpected add off the group while you finish off whatever you're currently fighting.

When the Projection depops, it transfers the hate it generated to the 'caster' of the projection.

in that case, would you consider drastically lowering the up-front hate value to something like 10% of the current up front hate, keep the 5k per tick hate, and then add the other 90% hate value when it depops and transfers the hate... and then also making it so that it will transfer whatever hate it has at the time to the caster IF it dies?

that should retain the original functionality you wanted for it while mostly limiting the raid exploitation you're worried about, and yet allow it to serve some purpose at least if it dies to prox aggro or AEs or what have you.

That might be doable. I'll look into it. It should be possible to keep the front-loaded hate low, and dump more on the 'caster' when the projection normally depops.

The main issue is, can the projection handle an add without dying, and it should. It has 100k hp, and 10,000 AC. When I was testing it against current NPC's it certainly could, but changes at the end of beta to NPC damage MAY have made that a problem. It's something I'll look at, and change if necessary.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=159282&post_id=2366915#2366915)