PDA

View Full Version : Re:Underfoot is the last expansion SOE will release for EQ

Newsfiend
12-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm gonna make a fortune selling tinfoil hats at this rate!

If you want to believe your 'source' then have fun with it.. I'll just keep working on what I'm working on, and you can believe whatever you like. EQ's death has been predicted since Kunark, and yet we're still here after nearly 11 years.

But there are a few things I wanted to address directly.

SOE has 3 games coming out in 2010

Correct. None of which are being made here in San Diego. DCUO is in Austin, TX, The Agency is in Seattle, and Magic is in Denver. None of these are impacting EQ development.

3 Coders + Nodyin were on EQ from January to late April. Zones are normally done 8+ months early from an expansion.

Wrong. Prathun and I were the ONLY people off the EQ team at that time. Everyone else was here. The zones are done 8+ months early from an ART perspective, but this doesn't take into account design time.

Devs and CL's had a big falling out.

You couldn't be more wrong. I, and others on the team talk to the CL's literally EVERY DAY. There has been no falling out, no rift, no angst, no nothing. Nothing except a constant flow of communication and things to look at/address.

Overall, your post (and others in this thread) has been nothing but conjecture and hearsay, mixed with a fair amount of pessimism. Other than saying the EQ team is smaller these days, you haven't actually stated any factual information at all. Seeing as how this post is so full of opinion, and little fact.. I'm going to throw out my own opinion.

The original post, and those of people supporting those claims, are nothing more than a baited hook from people hoping to get details about what's going on within the team they have no business knowing at this time. New expansions historically are announced at Fan Faire. That is all.

The real question you should ask yourself is.. How would your 'source', who you claim is a community leader, someone who does not work for SOE, have more accurate information than the people who make their living creating this game?

Anyone want to buy a tinfoil hat? 2 for 1 special running now through Dec. 24th.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=159154&post_id=2366135#2366135)