PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:To confirm - Raids are intended to be beatable today, right?

Newsfiend
12-09-2009, 02:30 PM
AutomaticWarrior wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

I didn't see the info posted as a spoiler on how to beat the raid.. so sorry if you saw it that way.

It's a spoiler in the sense that it definitely tells people 'there are 3 phases of 10 minutes' so that you actually have a known losing condition as opposed to just wonder if it was a bug that made everyone DTed or not. And knowing this can help you refine your strat when you know for sure what the losing conditions are, as opposed to just a bug.

But then encounters should always have their losing conditions clearly spelled out when triggered. If you take too long to beat something the boss should say so.

Agreed.. and there should be messaging on all my raids to indicate why a failure condition has been triggered. If there isn't, then something isn't working correctly and I need to fix it. Pretty much with any raid I've created, if something happens and you have no idea why, it's a bug, not intended functionality.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=158961&post_id=2361255#2361255)