PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Numbers added to amounts of components in tradeskill containers

Newsfiend
11-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Kazolo wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Mnesis wrote:

How about:

The interface offers mass combine buttons for 5 and 20 combines.

If you hit the 5 combine button, it queries your inventory to see if you have enough for 5.

Then it does the combines automatically one at a time, as if the "Combine" button is being tapped once every two seconds, until it's done five. For a bit more room for error, perhaps it taps the "Combine" button once every four seconds, and two seconds later it does a string of four or five /autoinventory to get everything off the cursor. So it would go Combine, two seconds, string of /autoinventorys, two seconds, combine, two seconds, etc.

That is a stickier widget.

Frankly combines in this game are already "too easy" and instant.

BUT... adding some sort of combine timer if you click that button would satisfy my objection there. This is something we have discussed as a team, but did not make the cut at this time. But it is something we want to bring up again.

There are other changes I feel are more vital, like fixing the ability to gain skill, and making skill mods linear instead of percent based (or at least have the ability to do one or the other or cap the percent mods...) I would also like to do something about tools, and think it would be important for the autocombine thing, since tools do get in the way.

Wouldn't skill mods being linear be nearly impossible? If we were only dealing with trophies, it wouldn't be bad at all, but you have a +15 smithing hammer and the like which would be impossible to balance at skill 1 vs skill 300 should you try to make the +skill be linear.

it just ends the scaling. so the hammer and scissors would be +45 , the trophies are skill bound, so their linear numbers are calculable. And the tinkering items would be just +15.

The "Cap" idea also works, which would allow it to "auto-scale" by skill, but then be capped.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=157745&post_id=2338235#2338235)