PDA

View Full Version : Re:banner to skip trash in tower

Newsfiend
10-30-2009, 09:26 AM
How about...

We disagree with this use of the banner, and do not like that people are using it in this way. We do consider it a minor exploit of a system, and do not approve it.

But, we also feel it is too much of a penalty to disable guilds using banners to teleport into the instance, we just have not had a way to restrict it to "at the zone line" like we would like.

People may ask, but I can not say if we will do anything or nothing to people using this exploit, that is not my call or my department. I can simply say that we do consider it an exploit of using a system in a way that it allows, but we did not specifically design it for. We designed it to allow guilds to get to raids more easily, and have an extra buff on the raiders. Campfires are a similar concept for groups. We did *NOT* design it to allow raids to skip content we expect them to go through in order to get to a raid, nor skip "parts" of a raid. Yes we did expect that players would try and find ways to exploit them and wimp out and take the easy path, which is why we have the ability to disable them in the zones. If we come to feel the abuse is too egregious we can disable them for a zone. We have been tempted to re-disable it for the Tower because of the abuse of them that is happening.

(and yes we are aware the players are reporting issues with the Vitrik. We have tried but been unable to duplicate the issue. I will be sending it to QA who can get a group together and see if they can duplicate it, or grabbing some beta players, or both)

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=157242&post_id=2325915#2325915)