PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Swarm kiting and the devs absolute failure to address it

Newsfiend
10-22-2009, 08:31 PM
wizdons wrote:

Zatozia wrote:

Graytis wrote:

I'm definitely not opposed to increasing xp modifiers for white/yellow/reds by large amounts. Obviously, this would help the group game tremendously. And yes, I firmly believe that grouping should return to it's previous status of being the best XP return per hour. I shouldn't avoid popping Lesson in a group because I know I'll get a better return on it soloing later, as happens now.

I am opposed, however, to nerfing xp gained on light blue mobs. This is the bread and butter of many of the little guys and soloers, and it's how I spend the majority of my playtime. It would be yet another nerf that hits the casuals square in the giblets with a sledgehammer, while being much less detrimental to the hardcore's way of life in EQ. It would cause me, at least, to leave EQ. I can say that with relative certainty.

Its actually not the best method of earning experience though. A few years back the issue was addressed by reducing the amount of experience earned and increasing amount gained by grouping encounters. I'm not sure what the current state is, but I'm sure you still get better experience when you group up with others than to solo, even when swarm kiting. The main reason being, you can go through mobs quicker. Swarm kiting can be time consuming, sometimes.

I haven't experienced it with a mercenary yet but generally groups are better than solo as it should be!

Of course, it all depends on if you have a group good though.

I'm not just a messenger, I'm also a druid member! And I prefer grouping over kiting.

*Comment Removed*

= swarm kiting, need i say more?

Actually, yes! If you are referred to specific tactics, please feel free to explain it, but without pointing fingers.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=156914&post_id=2318696#2318696)