PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Dain Shawel 2.0

Newsfiend
10-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Xianzu_Monk_Tunare wrote:

I think the focus on it being the shawel and not the ring, that is needed is because the Shawel was considerably more focused on tradeskills, where while the Ring required their use they were not as central to its completion.

I'm with Gnome when it comes to there needing to be a way to trigger the fight after the final fight has been completed initially. You're pretty much making it impossible for many of those who do the quest to ever complete it, even raiders. Most guilds simply will not do the final fight just to get everyone who wants to finish the quest their piece. I think it is safe to say that there will be more people who will do the group portion of the task in many raid guilds than there are kills of whichever boss/raid that you put the piece on.

Ngreth, I also think that you misunderstood what Gnome was saying as far as the fight being triggerable after the event has been beaten on the server. The solution could be something as basic as:

Server 1st Kill of final boss causes mobX to spawn in zoneY.
MobX will allow people with Group Shaw2.0 completed and a lockout on the final boss to spawn an instance where their is just trash and the final boss event.
The Quester and their raid (and likely later group) beat the event.
The Only drops are Z quest pieces and 1 item from the Final Bosses loot table.
MobX despawns for Q hours after a failed attempt and R hours after a successful attempt.
That would still limit the influx of the Shawl 2.0s into the game, but remove the artifical limitation that will happen when the raid leaders stop doing the event because everyone that is important as far as they are concerned have got the piece. This wouldn't even have to be immediately implimented it could go into effect 2-4 months after the expansion has been beaten.

Also I don't see any fair argument that can be made for having a combine that involves a RAID to get the piece to be anything but no fail reguardless of how many pieces are dropped in said raid, unless that piece is a non-lore cursor loot which stacks to 100 and everyone recieves each time they win the raid.

The part I bolded seems to indicate that you STILL need to do that final raid. And if they stopped doing that raid... then there are still no more pieces.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=153642&post_id=2315242#2315242)