Newsfiend
10-16-2009, 10:50 AM
DaveDakota wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Jerus wrote:

Ronak-Xegony wrote:

SKlug wrote:

*** Misc ***

The damage boost for the 2nd Spire of the Minstrel no longer applies to each tick on a DoT. It will be spread out over all ticks on the spell/song.
Guessing this would be the super sekrit way a handful of endgame necros got their huge burn parses?

Pretty much, like someone already said additions on dots work different as they are modable while on nukes it's just a flat + damage. I'm all for the change though, it could open up some avenues that weren't previously there.

Correct. This code change will allow us to extend this on other spells that add damage to also work on DoTs. I do *NOT* have an answer on if we will retroactively change existing foci or only use it going forward. Just that we no longer have to restrict it to instant spells only (as I expect this spire was INTENDED to do, but was not properly restricted) as we have in the past.

Does this mean that the Spell Damage mod on items might be changed so that it affects DoTs as well as nukes?

I want it to, but it was a separate code path, and not part of the change made, so it still does not work. I do not know where it is on the schedule.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=156596&post_id=2312973#2312973)