PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:sympathetic spell procs

Newsfiend
10-15-2009, 12:00 PM
wire wrote:

UnlicensedFish wrote:

Both are identical in damage, doing 224 with 99 worn spell dmg (if that's a factor) I have not yet seen a resist on either proc. Upon successes, the following text...

Sympathetic Fire V : "Target's flesh is seared by flames.

Sympathetic Lightning V : "Target twitches."

Spell damage affects them like normal zero mana/cast time/recast time procs at a rate of about 0.25 damage per spell damage. The base damage of both sympathetic procs is 200 at rank 5. With my 300+ spell damage I get around 275 damage per proc. I had a procrate of around 2.8 per minute, chain casting over 10 hours, but I'm going to verify this sometime soon.

The effects fire normally in the presence of other spell procs like Arcane Arietta, so there's no conflict there (I have yet to test MR). They don't trigger *from* other spell procs though, which is intended. Second Spire of the Minstrels affects this damage (talendor's does not) so you can get some reasonable burst DPS out of even the group items. Something like 2092 per proc or *maybe* 70-100 DPS only when maxing (spire + 7th + glyph + auspice + bard). Those figures are for one proc item, with two the DPS should pretty much double.

I really hope these effects show up on shields and not just "baubles" for secondary slots. We also need good combat procs in addition to good sympathetic procs on our primaries aswell, otherwise it will turn into a debate between meleeing mobs OR using a casting proc weapon. Given the magnitude of most good caster weapon procs out there, that will be a short debate and the melee will take it hands down. The weapon damage/ratio on caster primaries is mostly irrelevant, so we need procs.

Also, no more two-handed weapons please. With the option to get spell procs in two slots, they will be even more useless than they are right now.

I expect that Second Spire of Minstrels will be fixed to not work on procs. But I am not the final answer on that one.

we currently only plan to put these on weapons because of what you said... we want one, we want 2 handers, which are undergoing some changes, to be a reasonable alternative, even if it cannot offer the AC a shield can. In general we do not view this as something that belongs on shields.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=156054&post_id=2312319#2312319)