PDA

View Full Version : Re:Guys what have you done...

Newsfiend
10-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Zoliss wrote:

I am an old player who was playing in the early beginning of the game when it was maximum lvl 50. I quit playing in GoD extension. Now i come back to join my friends guild.

I am lvl 70 they are all lvl 85. Thats fine, i will work my lvl. Start killing in the zone i was confortable, sebilis hehe. arg i did not remembered that almost everything was summoning me in this zone, bah i am a necro thats fine. The XP is pretty slow like it always was, thats fine, only 15 lvl i can do it. For the fun i opened the Alternate ability windows............... What can i say...........I have right now 527 AA who was acceptable in GoD extension. Now there is more than 10000 AA i think, i did not count all, TOTALLY discouraged, i gate to PoK, sit camp bring back my account and pressed cancel suscription.

This is the real end of new player in EQ, no one will come here as a new player or old player to have to play 2 years 24/24 just to get the AA to be able to join a guild. Since there is 2 expension every years, the total number of AA continue to raise so personally, i dont see how i can make it. I will not wait 2 years before joining my friend. Guys you killed the game. It is time for this video i think...... Sorry!

http://www.eqvids.com/Flash/memalbum/memalbumf.htm

We had players like you in mind when we implimented the AA experience scaling. You'll find (if you continue to play) that your AAs will come much faster than you remember. There's a bonus experience multiplier that helps people with low AA counts gain AAs faster than those with high AA counts so they can catch up. Also each class has a point of diminishing returns with AAs - the point where you've purchased all the "big ticket" AAs and are working on the AAs that still give benefits but are not as powerful as some of the other abilities. The point is you don't need to purchase all 3,000 (or whatever) AAs to be effective.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=156442&post_id=2312209#2312209)