PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Platinum Thread

Newsfiend
10-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Thulack wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

It is possible, but not something I am sure I will spend time on. I feel other things on my plate take higher priority since this is readily available.

How hard is it really to just add another item to a merchant? i mean the item exists on multiple merchants already. Doesnt a simple line of code copied from one NPC to a NPC in PoK fix this? Just wondering. I know you have alot on your plate but if it is that simple i dont see how taking 30 seconds to cut and paste some code would take away from your other duties.

will probably take me about 30 minutes, assuming I know the NPC Name, and don;t have to go poking around PoK to find an appropriate NPC. The most difficult thing is tracking down the NPC by our internal data. Even an NPC name and zone only get me so far and it takes more time than people would think to track down the internal data.

That is 30 minutes to take from armor, weapons, loot tables, tradeskills, shawl quests, bug fixes, and other feed-backed changes. For something that is only a small convenience factor for players because, from your own post, it is already available in a minimum of seven other zones.

Then QA has to spend 15 minutes or so, and sure, that is only another 15 minutes, but they already have a full plate testing all the stuff I mentioned, plus quests, base-pop, raids, missions, rares, spell, AA's, and gear for the expansions, code fixes, re-testing designer bug fixes, re-testing code bug fixes, zone art, NPC art, NPC animations, art bug-fixes, new code features... and I am sure a few things I have left out.

I am just being honest with you. I do not think that this change merits even that amount of time taken from other things. I am not trying to belittle your request in any way, I am just trying to show you that in the scheme of things to do, I do not believe it has enough priority to make it up the list of things to do.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=156292&post_id=2306634#2306634)