PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Put an ATM in game for tradeskillers :D

Newsfiend
10-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Xeneor wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Xeneor wrote:

although, an idea... if I have it right, the idea where there's an augment slot for all items because of the database to make the bank space uniform so all items can fit?

How about instead of new items, a "compressed" stack of a tradeskill item, be the same as regular item, except with an invisible augment (flag) that says it's not a usable recipie item, until it's run into the compressor, then when it's unpacked, a single flagged (augmented) item turns into a full stack (or whatever number the unit is designed to stack/compress from but that returned stack has no flag (augment)... then if the item data worked that way, only the tradeskill combine bags just need a check the items for anything with a flag/augment to invalidate the recipie and not allow the combine while in that state...

combines have no idea that there is an augment in an item being combined.

nod, they don't.. but there is code that does not allow stacks to be combined, also not allowed to be handed in, ect... if the box, not the combine, does a check to make sure there's not a flag (or in this case, an augment... but exactly how the check for a stack works)... then it might spot there's an invalid combine... and choke before trying the combine...

But it's an idea...

Oh there are places in the code of course where it can be trapped. I am just speaking of current code, and what I can do without involving coders for a code change. I have even asked to be sent a "list object" of the contents of the combine so I can track such things if needed in scripts.

So with current code, this method will not work.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155857&post_id=2300845#2300845)