PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:EQ content exclusively accesed via LoN cards.

Newsfiend
09-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Divaria wrote:

So....Underfoot was delayed for more "polish", but somehow the resources get allocated to make exclusive LoN zones?

I wish i had an ORLY owl irl now =(

While I am making note of a lot of questions I can't answer fast; this one is a little different. I don't like this perception that our development teams are always working on just one project at a time and that their work is either all about an expansion, the next live update, LON loot items, or any other particular project.

While it is sometimes true, that sometimes is typically in the case of an exception such as the last minute crunching that teams will do before an expansion, etc. The normal for the team is that they are working on multiple projects and are in different places on each one. They have a full and busy schedule, and yes, some folks are not going to agree with what the team has on their schedule; but it's very rare for work on one part of the project to come to a full stop while the team is devoting energy to some other item.

That's all nice and shiny for me to say, but what's reality? Is this that kind of case or is this an exception where work on Underfoot and the regular game flow stopped to crank out a LON item reward?

Reality is that I just picked up the phone and called someone who would know the schedule and could give me the straight answer: Nothing was put on hold for this item.

With that in mind, I'd like to put this particular line of question to rest. While you may have wanted the team to work on something else, they didn't alter their development calendar to make this happen and it has not impacted their ability to deliver on any other work they have in their schedule at all.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=156078&post_id=2300290#2300290)