Dev-Ngreth wrote:

UnlicensedFish wrote:

Oh yeah, back on topic for the thread! =D

Mikitta wrote:

Automated

Tradeskiller

Manager

{snip}

~Adding/modifying the bag-to-token NPC in the bazaar to work for every tradeskill container (tradeable or not -- the tokens being flagged to correspond appropriately, of course) Also perhaps adding this or a similarly functioning NPC to Guild Hall, Crescent Reach, other such TS hotspots.

Or,

~Adding "Collapsible" versions of all tradeskill containers (Yes, all) which can be either acquired / unlocked via quests or made by players (Go Gnomes!)

~Adding a pair of new tinkering recipes: "Compression" and "Decompression" chambers. These 1 slot containers (which can be turned into tokens when you don't need them -- or make them "Collapsible" like http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...html?item=20180 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=20180) ) can be used to convert a *FULL STACK* of any tradeskill item into a "Condensed" version thereof. Via this method, 100 Spiderling Silks would be turned into 1 "Condensed Spiderling Silk." Condensed versions of tradeskill items would then be stackable to whatever degree the standard forms are. (100 in this case, or 100x100; 10,000 silks)

Tradeskilling would require you to "Decompress" the components for use within standard recipes, but if the method applied to all TS components, I don't see any great inconvenience in decompressing 1 unit at a time as needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see this to be a good solution for a few reasons.... though I acknowledge even this approach would be a considerable undertaking for the coders. The bank / storage space would be made available specifically to tradeskill minded people... and finally, you can go farm tradeskill components (though tedious it may be) until you're done, not just until you're too bleeping full to loot.

(Bring a compression chamber with you to farm)

Once more, shoot this down with the necessary logic please Dev-Ngreth.

~ >

If it is already a tradeskill container that players can carry, I will be happy to make a token out of it. Give me a list of the ones that are missing.

If it is already a tradeskill container that players can carry, I will *consider* making a collapsible version of it. Give me a list. This I will not commit to *all* like I will the tokens. I also still refuse to do forges, kilns and pottery wheels.

I have shot down the compactor just on a "time" basis before. While possible it is a monumental task, and increases the memmory footprint (tons of "duplicate" items of the compressed version of every tradeskill item)

although, an idea... if I have it right, the idea where there's an augment slot for all items because of the database to make the bank space uniform so all items can fit?

How about instead of new items, a "compressed" stack of a tradeskill item, be the same as regular item, except with an invisible augment (flag) that says it's not a usable recipie item, until it's run into the compressor, then when it's unpacked, a single flagged (augmented) item turns into a full stack (or whatever number the unit is designed to stack/compress from but that returned stack has no flag (augment)... then if the item data worked that way, only the tradeskill combine bags just need a check the items for anything with a flag/augment to invalidate the recipie and not allow the combine while in that state...

combines have no idea that there is an augment in an item being combined.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155857&post_id=2299938#2299938)