PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Weapon ratios for UF. And other stats.

Newsfiend
09-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Brogett wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

are you saying raid foci are easy for group casters to get?

I am not denying that group casters may be able to out DPS raid tanks in a vacuum.

but group casters vs raid caster should NOT be 8% without that focus.

group casters are CUREN TLY getting 0-55 which is 27.5% while raid is at 0-90 or 45% a group spell (lets be arbitrary...) does lets say 1000 damage, the raid thus 1100 damage...

that is 1275 damage the raid 1595 is 79%. So... not the 75%, but also not the 92% you were implying. Additionally, raid spells are more efficient, along with better casting speed increases and mana saving foci, allowing raiders to cast longer and faster, increasing the 79% to closer to the 75%

No I'm not saying raid focii are easy for group casters to obtain (well, ignoring the MM fiasco). However caster in SoD raid gear can still use their focus on a UF group spell, unless some new mechanic is in place. Hence the reason why casters are typically considered to be "front loaded". They gain a lot of power early on in an expansion and only later on do the melee catch up again.

You have a good point though - it's hard to get the right ratio between rank 2 vs rank 3 when focii also come into play as there's 4 states here. Raid focii, raid spells; group focii, group spells; and the two inbetweens with one raid one group.

I don't have a magic answer alas, and I appreciate that my previous analysis was clearly flawed. Still food for thought - there had to be a better way to keep balance throughout progression (both raid and group) rather than just at the final destination. Most players are, quite rightly so, on their journey still rather than back in their castles. http://www.mapfiend.net/eq/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

yes. but there are also things that go the other way.

Not necessarily this expansion, but in a level change expansion, casters start loosing power on their foci items until they can get the new ones, while the melee person losses no power. So in some ways there is balance. Caster can front load, but they start loosing some power, while tank "catches up" without ever loosing power. I am not saying it is an exact balance, just that there are some balancing factors.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155844&post_id=2299297#2299297)