PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Weapon ratios for UF. And other stats.

Newsfiend
09-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Brogett wrote:

bumkus wrote:

The ranked spells were good idea in principal. They addressed the problem of casters potentially going months and months without any upgrade at all for a particular spell slot. And it should have allowed a more gradual progression of caster power, instead of being so heavily front loaded.

Couldn't agree more. As it stands a group gearred wiz can still do impressive DPS, easily beating many raid gearred melee toons let alone group gearred ones. Balancing isn't about just about the final end point, but the complete path. So many in the uber guilds seem to forget this issue.

So if we assume that group weapons will be 75% of the ratio of raid weapons, then logically speaking rank 2 spells should be 75% of the power of rank 3 spells. It's perhaps a bit harder to get right as weapons actually have many smaller steps of progression, so I guess the analogy is with each tier of content being beaten a different spell is unlocked (much as it is now).

The consequence of this though is that people shouldn't immediately expect the next expansion to give them more powerful spells straight away - if they're a raider at least - as old rank 3s may well still be better than new rank 2s (assuming no level increases). It's also a *major* change. Right now rank 3 nukes are 8% more than rank 2. Not 33%.

current group weapons are behind the ball, and that is why we are planning a jump in group weapon ratios.

Also there was some issue with damage between the weapon types. Before it was based on a proportionate increase from the previous tier for each type. This ended up leading to 1 handers catching up to 2 handers (and knight weapons... etc...) so now all of the ratios are based off of the 1HS ratio, instead of previous tiers ratio. This will lead to some interesting increases in damage for various weapons, for groupers and raiders.

And finally, for some reason, in SoD priest 1HB raid damage went south. So priest raid weapons in Underfoot will see a HUGE jump to get them back in line.

I am not going to comment specifically on any of the numbers made in this post, and keep to the generalities I have mentioned here.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155844&post_id=2299258#2299258)