PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Weapon ratios for UF. And other stats.

Newsfiend
09-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Brogett wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

current group weapons are behind the ball, and that is why we are planning a jump in group weapon ratios.

Also there was some issue with damage between the weapon types. Before it was based on a proportionate increase from the previous tier for each type. This ended up leading to 1 handers catching up to 2 handers (and knight weapons... etc...) so now all of the ratios are based off of the 1HS ratio, instead of previous tiers ratio. This will lead to some interesting increases in damage for various weapons, for groupers and raiders.

And finally, for some reason, in SoD priest 1HB raid damage went south. So priest raid weapons in Underfoot will see a HUGE jump to get them back in line.

I am not going to comment specifically on any of the numbers made in this post, and keep to the generalities I have mentioned here.

Thanks for the reply Ngreth. Having a common base-line to compare things against makes a lot of sense and it avoids the continuation of errors that may have crept in over time.

I do feel however that the issue of balance (between group/raid gear and classes alike) needs tackling from multiple directions.

There's no way for example that we could get group weapons to within 8% of raid weapons, but on the surface this is how spells work. I say on the surface as naturally there are other impacts such as focii, which affect casters far more than melee. However in an expansion where there's no level jump the raiding casters can keep their current SoD raid level focii as-is so comparing UF group obtained rank 2 spells vs raid rank 3 spells really is comparable to comparing group melee vs raid melee.

Naturally a gap of 25% couldn't open up overnight between rank 2 vs rank 3, but is increasing this gap something the devs have been looking at? I'm not expecting hard numbers, just an indication if the princple of it is under revue.

are you saying raid foci are easy for group casters to get?

group casters vs raid caster should NOT be 8% without that focus.

group casters are CUREN TLY getting 0-55 which is 27.5% while raid is at 0-90 or 45% a group spell (lets be arbitrary...) does lets say 1000 damage, the raid thus 1100 damage...

that is 1275 damage the raid 1595 is 79%. So... not the 75%, but also not the 92% you were implying. Additionally, raid spells are more efficient, along with better casting speed increases and mana saving foci, allowing raiders to cast longer and faster, increasing the 79% to closer to the 75% And this also does not account for spell damage on items, and better mana pools and mana regen raiders have... all things increasing the group caster vs raid caster

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155844&post_id=2299284#2299284)