PDA

View Full Version : Re:ORNAMENTATION REQUEST

Newsfiend
09-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Blurred_Memories wrote:

ok... so i have an awesome idea for ornaments....

1)step one... make a new aug slot on every weapon and shield in the game that is for ornamentation augs only. we can call this slot 20 (appearance)

2)step two... make an item that can convert any weapon or shield in the game to an ornamentation augment.

container ornaments are kinda.... i dunno... undesireable for my intended purpose... what i'm looking to do is keep the look of my epic 1.0 and this is the only way i can think to do this without eventually losing it completely.. or missing out on possible stats from a real aug...

what is the pheasability of this?

1. is feasible, but there is reticence in the team to make more aug slots, AND it does cause a few slight issues, limiting an item to 4 slots (there are 2 hidden slots used for in-fusibility) leaving just 2... and I am actually using 3 on some future 2 handers... not leaving room for this "ornament" slot

2. Not as feasible as it sounds. There is not code method for this currently. It would be thousands of tradeskill recipes and new items. Not an impossible task, just a time consuming task. Also certain items like evolving items would "break" when using this method.

That said, though we have not made it a priority, we have interest in making "epic look" ornamentation's. Would be more like going to an NPC, equipping your epic and hailing them to get an ornament. Or a combine that requires you have your epic in hand... or some such similar method.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=156027&post_id=2299249#2299249)