PDA

View Full Version : Re:Upcoming Changes to the Classic Mission Rewards.

Newsfiend
09-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm still here..

Just FYI.. here's an update on the status of the bugs in the Classic Missions.

Harm Touch - The bug allowing SK's to use an unintended level of Harm Touch has been fixed, both in code, and in the data that allowed it to refresh upon death. This was inconsistent with the higher levels of Harm Touch. Lay on Hands has also had the refresh upon death removed.

Lady Vox - She has always been able to be pulled to the zone in. However, in this case because of the lack of penalty for dying over and over, she has been leashed to her room to provide an encounter more in the spirit of the original.

Ranger - Players are given many 'outdoor only' spells when all missions are indoors. Really this was intentional, to persist the flavor and feel of the class, moreso than giving them pure usability. Possibly not a happy answer, but it's how it is none the less.

Paladin - Cannot make LoH hotkey. This is fixed. After the patch, players choosing the Paladin will be able to make an LoH hotkey. Basically this was just a typo in the data.

Shaman - No haste spells provided. Not sure how this was overlooked, but as of the patch, Shaman will be granted Alacrity as their haste spell. I was going to put Quickness in as well, but then came to my senses.

Enchanter - Currently able to charm any NPC in the missions except for the flagged bosses. This really isn't a bug, as Allure has always worked on NPC's up to level 51. This will not be changing. I MAY give it a greater chance to fail/break, but I'm undecided on that one.

All Classes - Hand to Hand damage is greater than the weapon damage. For Monks, this is a non-issue, as their hands are 13/22 weapons already. For the rest of the classes, this is being changed. In fact there will be a lot of skill changes in order to bring them down to levels appropriate for the character level.

Bards - Yeah.. I saved this class for last. Bards have no instrument skills. In fact, Bards have the Brass skill, but none of the rest. This is a tough one and not likely something we can fix before the patch. Basically, the Monster Mission system was never intended to directly mimic the PC classes, so this is a 1st. Since these templates were designed to allow players to become NPC's, they were given a rather limited skill set as the environment and abilities could be carefully controlled to give the players the intended play experience. The PC classes of course have a VERY large skill set, and unfortunately, Bard instrument skills fell into this gap area. I will talk to coding tomorrow to see what the ramifications of changing this is, but I wouldn't expect anything in the short term. Who knows though.. Sklug is always surprising me!

Grouping Issues - Auto Failure. If a player joins or leaves the group while inside the mission it auto-fails. This has been fixed. Player level, and not template level will always be used to evaluate the task level.

Anyway... back to work. Still have lots to do.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155683&post_id=2292707#2292707)