PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Upcoming Changes to the Classic Mission Rewards.

Newsfiend
09-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Lorrien wrote:

I think what most are frustrated with at this point in the ambiguity. The rewards were over-powered ... fine. Nerf inc ... fine. When? And perhaps what is truly makin people upset, is how much? It's not a matter of this stuff is no longer l33t. It's a matter of is this stuff even worth bothering with at all for the next (?) weeks until they "fix" it?

All we have to go on at this point are vague assertations by the dev team that the gear will be nerfed down to "very good group gear" and a bunch of wild speculation by everyone else.

Absolutely understandable. We're being vague intentionally so as not to lead people to incorrect assumptions which will only upset them even more.

Simply put, we want to make the changes ONCE, make them correctly, and move on. It takes time. Several of us are working overtime to get these changes done as quickly as possible. This is NOT a cry for sympathy. We made the mess, we now have to do the work to fix it.

Myself, I'm working on fixing as many of the actual bugs I can find in the missions. The Harm Touch exploit has already been fixed in code and tested on beta. The data side of the problem has also been fixed. I'll be here most of the night resolving the class issues (such as Rangers getting outdoor only spells when all the instances are indoors), as well as any other bugs I can find while pouring over the forum threads for info.

If you have any info with respect to bugs in the missions, no matter how trivial you think it may be, PLEASE PM me so I can look into it. But PLEASE.. keep them on topic to the mission bugs.

Aristo and Ngreth are working on the items. I'll let one of them or Absor speak to the actual changes to the items, as that's not my area of specialty. Absor is working on a full information update as to what our final decision is to be on these changes, but I don't know exactly when that will be posted.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155683&post_id=2292516#2292516)