PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Upcoming Changes to the Classic Mission Rewards.

Newsfiend
09-23-2009, 11:40 AM
falino-koe wrote:

At this point I think they should just do the following:

Leave the gear the way it is. Have an emergency patch to:

1) Remove the buyback from chest rewards.

2) Change the dragons to only drop one item.

3) Change the lockout on the dragon raids to one week (or 6 days 12 hours).

4) Remove the brew reward from the raids.

5) Change the cost of the items so that they all cost 63, instead of 42-63.

If they did this, I'm not sure there would be much of a problem anymore. Sure, there would still be the overpowered gear, but the rate of acquisition would be so low that I'm not sure how much of an issue it would be. Would anyone really want to grind 63 monster missions for one item, even if it is uber powerful?

This is certainly one of the types of solutions we are looking at. But I see some issues with that.

The gear would still be the best gear a grouper can get for a while to come. I know EQ players pretty well, well enough to suggest that if these classic missions are the place that drops the best gear they can get, that's where players will play.

Making the items harder to get equates to making folks grind those missions over and over to get the gear. This makes people unhappy. It also makes designers unhappy because most of the content in the game is "bad" because it doesn't drop the same gear as the classic missions. We end up putting players in a position to say, "You are forcing us to grind these mission to get the gear we need!"

While I could argue the degree to which we'd be "forcing" anyone and what the word "need" really means, the sentiment would be correct. There is a reason why we spread the best gear around, why we require some sort of minimum content be done to get the better gear. It's not because we like to make players suffer. It's because being forced to do varied content makes the game more fun. And at the end of the day, that's our job.

A

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155683&post_id=2291809#2291809)