PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Dain Shawel 2.0

Newsfiend
09-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Aldier_CT wrote:

I know with Eron's that each phase had at least 1 combine of 400 trivial and a minimum skill of 250 to even begin that phase of the quest.

Will this new item potentially, maybe, possibly, even remotely a chance of coming with the new expansion be designed to require any of the 7/7 trophies as your "proof of skill" instead of just a 250 skill or even requiring a 300 skill? As always, mastery aa + maxed trophy (15% mod) will help in attempting any difficult combine but is there any plans either way to require a max trophy.

Also, since time seems to be a bit short for designing this, will it have 7 separate steps or will multiple skills be combined into a step. Also, if so, as with the original shawl, would any of those parts be tradeable to where fellow tradeskillers could assist others? This I am less inclined to want as personally I value that I have put in the effort and time into my tradeskills to get to where I am.

I definitely have 300 skill required planned. I had not thought of the trophy, and is not a bad idea. I am not sure I will go that far though, because in the end, the 7/7 trophy is really about grinding, even though I want it to be just about going through the skill naturally. I could go as far as requiring the 6/7 or 7/7 though since this is move visible "proof" to another person that you have the skill (where an arbitrary "number" would not be "visible" to another)

I have 7 steps planned, each with a particular skill as the focal point. That is not to say that they will not require sub combines from other skills. I *may* allow the sub combines from other people, but the "focus" combine MUST be made by the player on the task. I do have an 8th step planned, but that step is about completing an "existing" raid to prove some worth and get an additional bonus to have an item of raid value. So that step is not "difficult" other than the fact that you have to be able to complete a raid to get it. This will *NOT* be a raid made especially for the shawl, but an "existing" Underfoot raid (similar to Aid Grimmel quest.)

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=153642&post_id=2291528#2291528)