PDA

View Full Version : Re:Upcoming Changes to the Classic Mission Rewards.

Newsfiend
09-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I take exception to the notion that we don't care. In fact, it's precisely because we care about the longer term health of EQ that these changes are being made. Yes a mistake was made, but we cannot dwell on that mistake, save to use it as a reminder that we must always strive to do better going forward.

We get that people are upset. We knew you would be honestly. But the fact is we were left with 3 possible choices.

1) Nerf the gear to put it where it should be. Short term, players are angry and rightly so for those of you who spent the time and likely DKP/Raid Points, LEGITIMATELY, to earn the rewards. I have ZERO sympathy for those of you who've exploited these missions whatsoever.

2) Leave everything alone. As Absor stated this would basically remove much of the incentive for group level players to even want to play Underfoot. Sadly, it's become fairly apparent that few people actually do the content anymore for the experience and fun of doing it, but play new content solely for the reward they get. I hope I'm wrong about this, but the posting from many would suggest otherwise.

3) Mudflate the Underfoot gear to compensate. This is by far the worst option of the three, as doing so would horribly widen the gap between those of you playing in Underfoot and those of you still playing in older content.

So.. going forward, most assuredly one of my tasks over the next couple weeks is going to be investigating, and squashing as many bugs as possible with the monster mission mechanics. Things like:

Characters still having level 85 abilities even though playing level 50 templates, agro issues (being able to single pull everything is boring), H2H damage being greater than equipped weapon damage (I think this is related to the level 85 while in template stuff), etc.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155683&post_id=2289759#2289759)